Monday, June 11, 2012

I Love...


I love Ben & Jerry's ice cream, peanut butter Twix, chips, fish crackers, rice pouches, pasta pasta pasta...


But I also love brussel sprouts, a fresh salad, flat bread veggie pizzas, quinoa, turkey burgers....


So the question is, why do I always go back to the first list? I believe that the answer is time. The first list is done & ready to consume, the second takes some effort and time. This doesn't mix well with my gotta have it NOW personality. I'm not one know for having patience.

I'm not 100% convinced that I have a solution, but I have a idea. Let's face it, all I can do is try and hope for the best. My idea will take time, one large chunk, but hopefully it'll be quick the rest of the time and pay off. I'm going to have a cook day, where I prepare a whole bunch of quick go to snacks, sides, and meals. I want to make my own "Lean Quisine" type freezer food, frozen pizzas, pre-cooked rice & quinoa pouches, and maybe go as far as granola bars & such. Then I know what is in it, how to count it, and that it is good for me.

So let the research begin! Anyone know of some sites with helpful hints, recipes, or ideas.

1 comment:

  1. SKINNYTASTE.COM (I love this website!)

    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/fresh-food-friday-100-healthy-snack.html

    http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/

    EATINGWELL.COM (I love this website, too!)

    ReplyDelete