Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesdays

Every Tuesday for a very long time (as I write this I realize that it has been over 12 years if not longer) my mom and I have gotten together. We've done a lot of things over the years. For quite a while, on and off, we attended Weight Watcher meetings and then went for dinner. Then after my first daughter was born we started going to dinner and grocery shopping. My oldest was always such a trooper, she'd go anywhere and do anything with us.

Several years ago my sister started joining us and we went from going out to eat to cooking for each other. Some meals were the picture of healthy eating and some not so much! You could always tell how good we were doing on our diets. One of our rituals was weighing in before eating dinner. We were absolutely starving of course because we'd eaten so light that day in hopes of losing those extra ounces. Ha! Unfortunately my sister went back to college (that's a good thing) so she doesn't make it very often anymore.

I am happy to report that tonight was a healty meal! Not only that, but my two oldest kids had us involved in a hilarious game of compound word charades. Don't knock it until you try it! We were laughing so hard, my son had the same signal for every word. I definitely think that it should count for exercise, my stomach was hurting.

I cherish Tuesdays, even though they can get a bit hectic sometimes, and hope that they will continue for years to come! My husband might not agree, but oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Love,love,love Tuesday's, even if they do sometimes wear me out. Quite the changes over the years,but can't think of a better way to spend it, especially after giving up the grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition! It's great to have a companion on the journey with you, too!

    ReplyDelete