Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Living Life or Motivation

Twix-PB-Wrapper
There is a Peanut Butter Twix in the refrigerator screaming my name, but I am out of calories today. Let me tell you flat out that I am not starving and I am not doing the deprivation calorie diet thing. I am allowed the amount of calories needed, based on my height & current weight, to lose 2 pounds a week. I don't have to use them all, but I am not suppose to go over. Darn!

That said, one of the biggest obstacles I think that I am facing is making sure that I understand that my journey is about living life, not about diet & motivation. Motivation will only get me so far, I've proven that over & over in my MANY previous weight loss attempts? I just need to remember I can have my Twix, just not today. Hopefully it will be mine tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like my meal plans are set up the same way. I have someone help me figure out calories per meal and day based on my current lean mass and fat mass. I totally understand where you are coming from and I gather from the "not calorie deprivation" thing that people think you are limiting your intake. I got tired of explaining myself when I would get that.

    Good for you for resisting the extra calories!

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to resist! I, too, am shooting for ther 2 pounds/week loss.

    ReplyDelete