Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'll Happily Take It

You know how sometimes when you've been less than "good" and you "get away with it"and lose weight anyway?  How that can sometimes lead to bigger problems, because after all you still lost weight even though you maybe "cheated" a little.

I didn't "get away with it" this time and I am actually happy about it!  I will also admit to being happy that it was only +0.6 pounds.  It still leaves me over the 100 pounds lost mark at 101.6 pounds.  I really struggled for several days, had a lot of I just don't care anymore moments.  It took a lot of searching to find my mojo again, but I'm headed in the right direction now.

I took time to think about things like "off limits", "cheating", "getting away with it", "good/bad" and I realized that I still have a lot of work to do in my head too.  Maybe even more than with the body.  All of those words and phrases are things I want to talk about, but not tonight.  Tonight I am just happy to be going in the right direction again, gain included.

1 comment:

  1. Been there. Done that.

    That's what I like about counting calories. If I've got 500 calories left---I can mack on a couple slices of pizza, keep the deficit, or make a choice to have a healthy meal.

    If I have a craving I can indulge it---and it doesn't feel like cheating.

    But I got to admit, I'm still going strong on motivation---I know that's a limited resource, so I have to be careful not to get too self-assured.

    Back to you, I'm glad you aren't too discouraged from this minor setback. And I really enjoy your blog.

    Chris

    thiiirdly.com

    ReplyDelete