Monday, March 25, 2013

Ouchy

I'm loving this running thing, C25K, but I'm very worried it doesn't like me. I've made a lot of excuses in my day but I'm afraid I might finally have a real one. My knee is KILLING me. With every run it's gotten worse. I really want to continue, however I don't want to make it worse or do more harm.

Do I push through?

Do I wait for the pain to subside?

Do I switch to the elliptical for a while?

I know what I want to do... continue. But is that the best choice when it hurts right now to simply walk? When I'm eating Advil like candy.



Am I there? Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Has anyone been here before?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I tried running for awhile doing a program similar to C25K and I had a lot of knee issues because of it. People say that you can run at any size, and that might be true,but I am sure that your risk of injury increases depending on your weight. I quit "running" (more like a slow jog, anyway) and started doing other kinds of lower impact exercises. I'm sure not everyone agrees with this, but it worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running my first 5k on April 20!
    I think you need to get different shoes. When my gym shoes were about a year old, my knees started hurting really bad. I bought new shoes and they were soooo much better...until I got the blood blisters, but that's another story. Go to a running shop and get some recommendations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete